Ask a Nurse Expert Forum
confused

WELCOME TO THE ASK A NURSE FORUM: This forum is for questions and discussions pertaining to Bones, Blood, Brain, Colorectal, Diagnostic Tests, Digestive, Ears, Eyes, Glands, Heart, Infectious Diseases, Kidneys, Liver, Lungs, Men’s Health, Muscles, Nose, Skin, Stomach, Surgery, Vaccines, Women’s Health

confused

Hello, I'm 9 wks pregnant but I have notice my belly bump is really noticible. I have high possibilities of having twins also my husband, but they did me an ultrasound And the doctor. Told me it was just one baby. I'm a skinny person so the only thing I'm getting fat is ma belly. I'm a mother of a almost 2 yr old daughter and lost a baby at 6 wks.  Way could it be?
Thanks for using the forum.

It is not unusual to "show" sooner with a second pregnancy. Your uterus was stretched during the first pregnancy. It shrinks back down after the baby is born, but does not go all the way back to its pre-pregnant size. Also, your body already knows how to be pregnant. It recognizes the changes that are occurring and begins to change in response to make room for the growing baby.

Congratulations on your pregnancy. I hope this helps.

Cathy