Ask a Nurse Expert Forum
confused
About This Forum:

WELCOME TO THE ASK A NURSE FORUM: This forum is for questions and discussions pertaining to Bones, Blood, Brain, Colorectal, Diagnostic Tests, Digestive, Ears, Eyes, Glands, Heart, Infectious Diseases, Kidneys, Liver, Lungs, Men’s Health, Muscles, Nose, Skin, Stomach, Surgery, Vaccines, Women’s Health

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

confused

Hello, I'm 9 wks pregnant but I have notice my belly bump is really noticible. I have high possibilities of having twins also my husband, but they did me an ultrasound And the doctor. Told me it was just one baby. I'm a skinny person so the only thing I'm getting fat is ma belly. I'm a mother of a almost 2 yr old daughter and lost a baby at 6 wks.  Way could it be?
5289563_tn?1366052034
Thanks for using the forum.

It is not unusual to "show" sooner with a second pregnancy. Your uterus was stretched during the first pregnancy. It shrinks back down after the baby is born, but does not go all the way back to its pre-pregnant size. Also, your body already knows how to be pregnant. It recognizes the changes that are occurring and begins to change in response to make room for the growing baby.

Congratulations on your pregnancy. I hope this helps.

Cathy
Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank