Ask a Nurse Expert Forum
could i be prego?
About This Forum:

WELCOME TO THE ASK A NURSE FORUM: This forum is for questions and discussions pertaining to Bones, Blood, Brain, Colorectal, Diagnostic Tests, Digestive, Ears, Eyes, Glands, Heart, Infectious Diseases, Kidneys, Liver, Lungs, Men’s Health, Muscles, Nose, Skin, Stomach, Surgery, Vaccines, Women’s Health

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

could i be prego?

Im 38 and had a tubal ligation 10 yrs ago after my son. I am now 14 days late, and im always on time. The women in my family have a history of early menopause. Could i have just stopped menstrating just like that?
796253_tn?1344994932
Hi and thanks for using the forum.

It would be unlikely, but not impossible, that 10 years after a tubal ligation you would become pregnant.  However, the best way to know for sure would be to take a test.  You can do a home test or ask your doctor for a blood test.  Since you have a family history of early menopause, this is also possible.  Most women do not suddenly stop menstruating.  They usually become irregular first, which may be what is happening for you.  I think you should schedule an appointment with your ob/gyn.  He or she can examine you and make sure that there is nothing else going on.  I hope this helps.  Good luck.

Bridget
Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank