Ask a Nurse Expert Forum
cut near vagina/anus and yellow/geen discharge.

WELCOME TO THE ASK A NURSE FORUM: This forum is for questions and discussions pertaining to Bones, Blood, Brain, Colorectal, Diagnostic Tests, Digestive, Ears, Eyes, Glands, Heart, Infectious Diseases, Kidneys, Liver, Lungs, Men’s Health, Muscles, Nose, Skin, Stomach, Surgery, Vaccines, Women’s Health

Can someone please help me. i'm a teenager (16) and im too embarressed to see a doctor or tell anyone. I went to the bathroom today and when i wiped i noticed blood on the toilet paper. i had a proper look later on and noticed a thin cut going from the bottom of my vagina to my anus. i also get greeny yellowy discharge in my underwear. i've never had sex with anyone before. the only thing i have ever done is masturbated. i don't know whats wrong with me and i'm afraid i might have a disease. can someone tell me whats wrong and how to fix it?
Hi and thanks for using the forum.

What you have described sounds like an anal fissure.  An anal fissure is a tear in the anal canal and can be caused by straining while having a bowel movement or by constipation.  Most anal fissures heal on their own, however it is recommended you see a doctor if you have rectal bleeding. Your doctor can prescribe topical cream to promote healing and relieve discomfort.  Often times improving your diet by eating high fiber foods and drinking water to stay hydrated can prevent constipation therefore preventing another anal fissure.  Regular exercise can also help prevent constipation.  I know if feels embarassing to have something like this, but it is important to take care of yourself and have something like this checked out- that is what doctors are for!  Good luck.

Bridget