Ask a Nurse Expert Forum
gas in chest

WELCOME TO THE ASK A NURSE FORUM: This forum is for questions and discussions pertaining to Bones, Blood, Brain, Colorectal, Diagnostic Tests, Digestive, Ears, Eyes, Glands, Heart, Infectious Diseases, Kidneys, Liver, Lungs, Men’s Health, Muscles, Nose, Skin, Stomach, Surgery, Vaccines, Women’s Health

gas in chest

Im having problem breathing i had all kind test done everything came back good . I have acid reflux. My doc. Saying it anxy.i need some answer.can gas in your chest cause.
so sory your going threw this, i know it has to be very scarey right now. i can tell you that when my acid reflux is acting up i have lots air in my chest and i burp a lot. i also get lots heart flutters with it most the time, just went threw  8 HOUR DAY SAT LIKE THAT. MY STOMACK IS NOT GOOD FROM ALL OF THAT. SO YES YOU CAN HAVE GAS/AIR IN YOUR CHEST,yikes sorry about caps big fingers
I know this doesn't relate to this but is my period moving okay or is it changing I got it last month on the 15th it last for 5 days.and then this month march IM still waiting on my calendar it says my next period is tomorrow
Hi and thanks for using the forum.

It is great that your tests came back OK.  Since your doctor diagnosed you with reflux are you taking any medications?  YOu may notice a difference once you have been on an acid reflux medication.  It is certainly possible that the gas in your chest is giving you that difficulty breathing feeling.  Anxiety can cause it as well.  YOu can try reducing your stress level by exercising, meditaing, yoga, etc. and seeing if that helps with your symptoms.   There are also anti-anxiety medications that you doctor can prescribe for you if you need them.  Good luck.

Bridget