Ask a Nurse Expert Forum
heat sensation

WELCOME TO THE ASK A NURSE FORUM: This forum is for questions and discussions pertaining to Bones, Blood, Brain, Colorectal, Diagnostic Tests, Digestive, Ears, Eyes, Glands, Heart, Infectious Diseases, Kidneys, Liver, Lungs, Men’s Health, Muscles, Nose, Skin, Stomach, Surgery, Vaccines, Women’s Health

heat sensation
hello, for the past week i have been experiancing heat sensations in the side of leg above the knee its not painfull but its a very strange feeling, it occurs several times an hour from the time i wake up until going to bed, thanks andy
Hi and thanks for using the forum.

Sorry for the delayed answer to your post.  I have been trying to do some research about your complaint and coming up fairly empty.  What you have described is very specific, occuring in one spot fairly frequently.  This makes me think that it is a possible nerve issue (such as a pinched nerve).  I think you should see your doctor (if possible and you have the means, a neurologist would be best) to have this evaluated.  Good luck.

Bridget
hello. i hadthe same thing happen 2 me. i had the sensation of warm water being splashed right above my ankle. it lasted a few months then went away on its own.  hope it you find a solution, it can get really annoying.