Ask a Nurse Expert Forum
heavy vaginal bleeding/abdominal pressure
About This Forum:

WELCOME TO THE ASK A NURSE FORUM: This forum is for questions and discussions pertaining to Bones, Blood, Brain, Colorectal, Diagnostic Tests, Digestive, Ears, Eyes, Glands, Heart, Infectious Diseases, Kidneys, Liver, Lungs, Men’s Health, Muscles, Nose, Skin, Stomach, Surgery, Vaccines, Women’s Health

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

heavy vaginal bleeding/abdominal pressure

my periods have been coming at different times every month and flow is usually consistant month . When I started today, the blood was thinner and heavier then normal, my abdominal bloated more then normal, alot of pressure and along and light contractions all which was frequent  , my ribs became sore from front to back, lower back pain, light numb feeling in back and abdominal, light headed and feelings of passing out, i have not slept for two days due to drug with efedrin, movement throughout abdominal compared to fetal movement or gas, some minor hallutionations just started, all theses symtoms (symptoms) started day and have never happened with periods be. lite tenderness in breast, pregnancy test was done 3mths ago and was negitive, no morning sickness past mths or any other pregnancy symtoms (symptoms) prior then today.
796253_tn?1344994932
Hi and thanks for using the forum.

I am a little unclear as to what your question is so please respond back if I do not answer you in full.  IF  you are concerned that you may be pregnant, then you can always take a home pregnancy test.  These are very accurate and are easy to do.  Since you have had a period each month (even though it is irregular) it does not sound like you are pregnant, but it is always a good idea to check just to be sure.  I am  not sure what you are taking medication for (the ephedrine), but if you are having negative affects from it, you may see if you can switch to something else.  The cramping and breast tenderness can be symptoms of your period, and usually some ibuprofen will work for that.  IF your symptoms are really bothersome to you, and if your irregular period are not the "norm" for you, then you may want to see your GYN for an exam to make sure that everything is OK. I hope this information helps.  Good luck.

Bridget
Blank
This Forum's Experts
5289563_tn?1366052034
Cathleen Zoretic, RNBlankBlank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703