Ask a Nurse Expert Forum
help

WELCOME TO THE ASK A NURSE FORUM: This forum is for questions and discussions pertaining to Bones, Blood, Brain, Colorectal, Diagnostic Tests, Digestive, Ears, Eyes, Glands, Heart, Infectious Diseases, Kidneys, Liver, Lungs, Men’s Health, Muscles, Nose, Skin, Stomach, Surgery, Vaccines, Women’s Health

help

I have anxiety and I get like these head zaps and like heavyness in my head is that normal for anxiety been told by doctors that's all it is but I can't stop thinking somthing may be wrong
Hi and thanks for using the forum.

Anxiety can produce a whole host of symptoms,  many of them physical.  Since you are already being seen by a doctor I am assuming you have already had a physical and some tests to rule out any other possibilities (such as migraines) .  If everything else has checked out then it is possible thstvanxiety is the cause.  You could try taking note of when you get these head zaps.  Take note of what you are doing,  how you are feeling,  etc.  This may help you pinpoint some possible causes or triggers.  I hope this helps.  Good luck.  

Bridget
Anxiety often mimics other medical conditions. It sounds like you have already been evaluated by several doctors for these same symptoms and diagnosed with anxiety. The important thing is to establish yourself with a primary care physician who can monitor your symptoms and work with you to find solutions. If you are being seen by a different doctor every time it is going to be much more difficult to control your symptoms.