Ask a Nurse Expert Forum
help

WELCOME TO THE ASK A NURSE FORUM: This forum is for questions and discussions pertaining to Bones, Blood, Brain, Colorectal, Diagnostic Tests, Digestive, Ears, Eyes, Glands, Heart, Infectious Diseases, Kidneys, Liver, Lungs, Men’s Health, Muscles, Nose, Skin, Stomach, Surgery, Vaccines, Women’s Health

help

had sex while on my last day of period it was very light. sex lasted no more than 5minutes because ofour daughter. I had my period 23 days later it was normal. I am now goingon5 days late and took two pregnancy test and both came out negative what is going on?
Thanks for using the forum.

It is possible to be pregnant and have a negative pregnancy test. The test checks for the hormone hCG. The level of the hormone has to be high enough for the test to detect it in the urine. The home pregnancy tests are most reliable 1 week after the first day of a missed period. It is also recommend to use the first morning urine, as that potentially has the highest level of hormone.

If your test remains negative, it is possible that you are just having an off month. Even women who are usually very regular can have a hormone fluctuation that will make their period late. These fluctuations can be related to stress, diet changes, changes in sleeping pattern, etc...

I hope this helps.

Cathy
Nothing to worry about. That's normal. Highly doubt you'll get preg on the last day of your period that's not enough time to let your body to produce an egg
I had sex the night of  my menstrual started but it was very irregular but my due date is Dec 26 n i conceived April 4 n had sex on apr 3 is it possible i ovulated because i already was ovulating from March 15 n was fertile that whole week of the 15 n i had sex all that week not intentionally but i always get sexually active two weeks before my period my period hasn't been irregular in years please help