Ask a Nurse Expert Forum
is it normal

WELCOME TO THE ASK A NURSE FORUM: This forum is for questions and discussions pertaining to Bones, Blood, Brain, Colorectal, Diagnostic Tests, Digestive, Ears, Eyes, Glands, Heart, Infectious Diseases, Kidneys, Liver, Lungs, Men’s Health, Muscles, Nose, Skin, Stomach, Surgery, Vaccines, Women’s Health

is it normal

Im 6 wks pregnant and when I go to the bathroom and wipe its kinda red is this normal??
Thanks for using the forum.

Spotting early in your pregnancy is not uncommon It is often noted at implantation ( when the fertilized egg attaches to the lining of the uterus). This usually occurs a week after ovulation. Bleeding can also occur when hormone levels are not high enough to completely suppress you period.

I always recommend that you inform your doctor of any bleeding. While it is not uncommon at this stage of pregnancy, it is hard not to be concerned when it happens to you.

I hope this helps. Congratulations on your pregnancy.

Cathy