Ask a Nurse Expert Forum
is it normal

WELCOME TO THE ASK A NURSE FORUM: This forum is for questions and discussions pertaining to Bones, Blood, Brain, Colorectal, Diagnostic Tests, Digestive, Ears, Eyes, Glands, Heart, Infectious Diseases, Kidneys, Liver, Lungs, Men’s Health, Muscles, Nose, Skin, Stomach, Surgery, Vaccines, Women’s Health

is it normal

Is it normal to still cramp this far along with back pains
Thanks for using the forum.

I don't know where you are in your pregnancy. You should speak with your doctor if you have regular cramping/back pain.  Some cramping is normal as your hormone levels fluctuate and your body changes to make room for the baby. However, regular cramping or cramping that continues over an extended period of time can be a signal of a problem.

If you are experiencing cramping try resting in a comfortable position (lying or sitting). Also, make sure that you are drinking plenty of water. If you continue to experience cramping, call your doctor.

I hope this helps. Congratulations on your pregnancy.

Cathy