Ask a Nurse Expert Forum
is this a way of my body getting bk to normal after the implant

WELCOME TO THE ASK A NURSE FORUM: This forum is for questions and discussions pertaining to Bones, Blood, Brain, Colorectal, Diagnostic Tests, Digestive, Ears, Eyes, Glands, Heart, Infectious Diseases, Kidneys, Liver, Lungs, Men’s Health, Muscles, Nose, Skin, Stomach, Surgery, Vaccines, Women’s Health

I had an implant for 3 years,whilst on it i had irregular bleeding and side effects. I got it removed on 5th march. After removal i have been having unprotected séx as i want to try for a baby... In this month i have been having body aches, feverish, light headed, stomach cramps, shooting pain on my right side ,fatigue and missed period. I am now having a light bleeding. Pregnancy test was negative....
Hi and thanks for using the forum.

To be safe, you should let your ob/gyn know about your symptoms to rule out any pelvic infection.  It can take some time for your body to get back to normal after having the IUD removed.  Some irregular bleeding is common and it can sometimes take a few months for your body to adjust.  Give yourself some time to get back to normal.  I hope this helps.  Good luck.

Bridget
Hi, and thanks for replying back, I went to see my doctor on 3rd of April and he thinks I might have a ovarian cyst. I got an appointment on Friday for my my pelvic and abdomen ultrasound... I hope it turns out that everything is fine