Ask a Nurse Expert Forum
is this pain dangerous...

WELCOME TO THE ASK A NURSE FORUM: This forum is for questions and discussions pertaining to Bones, Blood, Brain, Colorectal, Diagnostic Tests, Digestive, Ears, Eyes, Glands, Heart, Infectious Diseases, Kidneys, Liver, Lungs, Men’s Health, Muscles, Nose, Skin, Stomach, Surgery, Vaccines, Women’s Health

is this pain dangerous...
Two weeks ago I found out that I was pragnant. I did a pregnancy test and it was positive. I think my last period was on February 1.2013.  But one week ago I started to have this pain in my stomach that it would go to my back. This pain comes and goes.I have to take 2 pills for pain so it can go away but it comes back in hours. I don't know if its because in my job I carried about three boxes that each one weight about 10 lbs..... I'm really getting worried....
Hi and thanks for using the forum.
If the pain continues, or if you notice spotting, I would reccomend calling your OBGYN. Abdominal pain during pregnancy is not uncommon and can have many causes. You didn't mention what pills you took for pain, but you have to be careful with what medications you take while pregnant.  Your OBGYN should be able to  provide you with a list of what medications you can take safely.
Good luck, and I hope you are feeling better.
Cathy