Ask a Nurse Expert Forum
lump on jawline, pain in jaw and chest
About This Forum:

WELCOME TO THE ASK A NURSE FORUM: This forum is for questions and discussions pertaining to Bones, Blood, Brain, Colorectal, Diagnostic Tests, Digestive, Ears, Eyes, Glands, Heart, Infectious Diseases, Kidneys, Liver, Lungs, Men’s Health, Muscles, Nose, Skin, Stomach, Surgery, Vaccines, Women’s Health

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

lump on jawline, pain in jaw and chest

I have a painful lump towards the front of my jawline on the left side.  The lump is not inside my mouth, but outside of the jaw bone.  It's about 2 cm, hard and moves a little.  My gums also hurt on the left side and they look white and scabby (my girlfriend tells me).  It is tender to the touch and warm.

I also have chest pain, also only on the left side. My chest in tender to the touch and I think that I feel swollen lymph nodes.  
I don't think I'm running a fever, but I also don't feel well.
Why is everything concentrated on the left side?  Are the jaw lump and the chest pain related?