Ask a Nurse Expert Forum
my baby is one month old

WELCOME TO THE ASK A NURSE FORUM: This forum is for questions and discussions pertaining to Bones, Blood, Brain, Colorectal, Diagnostic Tests, Digestive, Ears, Eyes, Glands, Heart, Infectious Diseases, Kidneys, Liver, Lungs, Men’s Health, Muscles, Nose, Skin, Stomach, Surgery, Vaccines, Women’s Health

my baby is one month old
My baby is one month old and She screams when She pass gass and bobo what should I do
HI and thanks for using the forum.

Babies sometimes become uncomfortable when they are passing gas and when they are having a bowel movement.  Their gastrointestinal tract is immature and they are still developing these muscles.  If her stools are soft, then she probably is just getting used to the process.  IF they seem very hard and solid, you may want to talk with her pediatrician about this.  Good luck and congratulations on your little one.

Bridget