Ask a Nurse Expert Forum
numbness in legs,dizzness,seeing spots, loss control of legs and fall

WELCOME TO THE ASK A NURSE FORUM: This forum is for questions and discussions pertaining to Bones, Blood, Brain, Colorectal, Diagnostic Tests, Digestive, Ears, Eyes, Glands, Heart, Infectious Diseases, Kidneys, Liver, Lungs, Men’s Health, Muscles, Nose, Skin, Stomach, Surgery, Vaccines, Women’s Health

My son is almost 13 and has been having numbness in his legs,and sometimes in his whole body. He has fallen due to his legs giving out while they are numb. Sometimes he sees spots , or half of vision is black. He also is dizzy.He also gets headaches at times. He is not on any medications.The numbness happens while sitting,or laying down. Yesterday he said his whole body was numb and could not move but could see ok,he was laying down.
HI and thanks for using the forum.

Sorry for the late response, I somehow missed your question.   Has your son seen his pediatrician about these symptoms.  There are a number of possiblities for causes and a full physical and some blood work may give you some answers.  Some possibilities that come to mind are migraines, a vitamin deficiency, lyme disease, among others.  Let me know if your son has seen a doctor and had a physical and we can go from there.  

Bridget
I am 42 years old , I had low plaletes since I was 25, the plalete level is 85.000 . Recently I got diagnosis ,shoulder impeciment syndrome.
I am going to have a archriscope surgery. You think I will be safe having surgery with that low plaletes, Am I risk to bleed or is this a life threatening .
Please let me know