Ask a Nurse Expert Forum
period talk

WELCOME TO THE ASK A NURSE FORUM: This forum is for questions and discussions pertaining to Bones, Blood, Brain, Colorectal, Diagnostic Tests, Digestive, Ears, Eyes, Glands, Heart, Infectious Diseases, Kidneys, Liver, Lungs, Men’s Health, Muscles, Nose, Skin, Stomach, Surgery, Vaccines, Women’s Health

period talk

So in December my period came on the 28 th as normal ended on January 2 well jan 28 no period. I was late and I am on the nuva ring altough when my period did return Feb 3 it only last thee days and was supper light. Should I be concerned about being pregnant?
HI and thanks for using the forum.

The nuva ring can lighten and shorten your period.  So this could possibly be a side affect of that.  There is always a possibility  of pregnancy if you are sexually active, so you could always take a home pregnancy test just to be sure.  If you are really concerned, you can call your ob/gyn and speak with him/her about this.  Good luck.

Bridget