Ask a Nurse Expert Forum
platelets a little elevated

WELCOME TO THE ASK A NURSE FORUM: This forum is for questions and discussions pertaining to Bones, Blood, Brain, Colorectal, Diagnostic Tests, Digestive, Ears, Eyes, Glands, Heart, Infectious Diseases, Kidneys, Liver, Lungs, Men’s Health, Muscles, Nose, Skin, Stomach, Surgery, Vaccines, Women’s Health

platelets a little elevated
Recently I went to my primary doctor and had a physical. She did bloodwork and everything was normal except my platelets were at 430 at the basline was 150-400. She said nothing to worry about because it was only slightly elevated. I have been having allergies and just 2 months ago had a miscarriage that required a d&c. I also had a full panel of bloodowork before the miscarriage and my platelets were fine. Am I right not to worry? Also We are able to start trying to concieve after my next period. Is it safe to do that with the platelets just a little up? Thank you
Hi and thanks for using the forum.

First, I am sorry to hear about your miscarriage.  

Next, as far as I could find, your doctor was right in that your platelets were only slightly elevated so this is probably nothing to worry about.  However I am going to suggest that you post this question in the pregnancy expert forum and see what Dr. Brown has to say from an OB standpoint.  She is very knowledgable and can point you in the right direction.  Good luck.

Bridget