Ask a Nurse Expert Forum
shaky, spaced out/werid feelings, feel sick, head feels "full"...

WELCOME TO THE ASK A NURSE FORUM: This forum is for questions and discussions pertaining to Bones, Blood, Brain, Colorectal, Diagnostic Tests, Digestive, Ears, Eyes, Glands, Heart, Infectious Diseases, Kidneys, Liver, Lungs, Men’s Health, Muscles, Nose, Skin, Stomach, Surgery, Vaccines, Women’s Health

shaky, spaced out/werid feelings, feel sick, head feels "full" and heavy and more

Hi, I'm 16. I'm scared and have been feeling like this for the past few days. I think it might have started when I was doing behind the wheel training to get my drivers license. On the last day I was driving and all of a sudden I got extremely dizzy. I felt like my vision was blurry and out of focus and I had to really concentrate on the road. At one point we stopped on a hill and I felt like we were going backwards and everything was coming towards my face. The dizzy feeling stayed until I got home. Then I started to get sick. It was like a bad cold and I didnt go to the doctor because I have been there alot this year because I have been having tonsilitis (diffferent doctors said different things,). Its been about a week and a half since then. A few days ago I just got this feeling of severe anxiety or something. I just kept having bad thoughts that wouldnt go away and it was driving me nuts. I started to freak out, I was shaking really bad and I threw up. I kept feeling nauseous and shaky and just out of it and anxious. I couldnt sleep at all that night and when I woke up I felt the same. And its been like that for two days now. I shake and am hot and cold. I feel nauseous and dizzy and I have a tight chest. I get cold chills really bad but if I turn my fan off I get too hot. I have had diahhrea and it feels like I'm going to have it every time I eat. I can barely eat because I will feel hungry but I wont be hungry. I get night sweats and my heart beats weird and I have had headahces and an occasional cough that seems like it comes out of nowhere. I have a sort of dry mouth and it feels like really sticky, thick spit. I just feel really out of it and really weird and have weird/bad thoughts that I cant get out of my head. And if its anxiety its severe. I really need somebody to help me that actually cares because I'm scared to death and I really need somebody to help. I could really use somebody to talk to and an answer. Please help - Tati
Hi and thanks for using the forum.

It sounds like you have a lot going on and a lot of the symptoms you have described could be related to anxiety.  I think you should see your doctor again for a full physical just to be sure that you do not have something acute going on (like a tonsilitis or some other kind of infection).  IF everything checks out physically, then you need to discuss your anxiety with the doctor.  He or she can help you get it under control.  There are a lot of ways to control anxiety before trying medication, so exercise, eat right, try yoga or some kind of meditation, avoid stimulants (like coffee and nicotine), etc.  There is probably a lot going on in your life right now (16 is a busy, busy time) so try and slow down a little and keep things under control.  Focus on what is important, school, sports or extracurricular activities, and your friends and try to not let other things get the better of you.  Good luck.

Bridget
Thank you. I have a doctors appointment tommorrow and hopefully I can get this figured out.