Ask a Nurse Expert Forum
sharp pain and nearly fainting.

WELCOME TO THE ASK A NURSE FORUM: This forum is for questions and discussions pertaining to Bones, Blood, Brain, Colorectal, Diagnostic Tests, Digestive, Ears, Eyes, Glands, Heart, Infectious Diseases, Kidneys, Liver, Lungs, Men’s Health, Muscles, Nose, Skin, Stomach, Surgery, Vaccines, Women’s Health

sharp pain and nearly fainting.

I'm in japan right now for another two weeks. this morning i woke up to sharp stomach pains, right above my bellybutton that stretched from right to left. i though if i went to the bathroom it might help, but while on the throne, another sharp pain started in my right shoulder. then i started to feel dizzy, with my hearing dulled and my vision started to fail. it was similar to passing out. so i went back to bed, didn't pass out and laid there until the pain was not as bad. I have no clue as to what caused this, its not cramps. but yesterday i went to an assessment park with some very intense rides. I've gone on rides similar to this but never had any problems.

i just want to know if there's any reason to be alarmed, because i can't see a doctor here.
Hi and thanks for using the forum.

This is a tough question to answer, since abdominal pain is such a vague symptom.  Generally speaking, abdominal pain lasting more than a few hours should be evaluated.  Especially pain as severe as what you have described.  IF the pain has resolved, I would think that it would be OK for you to wait and see if it comes back or if you develop other symptoms such as fever, vomiting, diarrhea, etc.  If the pain persists or if these other symptoms arise then it really needs to be evaluated as it could be something serious such as appendicitis, ovarian cyst, etc.  Hope this helps.  Good luck.

Bridget
thank you this was very helpful. today was much better the pain was a slight soreness when i woke up today and has entirely went away. i'll be careful though in case it should return. no new symptoms.