Ask a Nurse Expert Forum
shortness of breath? help!

WELCOME TO THE ASK A NURSE FORUM: This forum is for questions and discussions pertaining to Bones, Blood, Brain, Colorectal, Diagnostic Tests, Digestive, Ears, Eyes, Glands, Heart, Infectious Diseases, Kidneys, Liver, Lungs, Men’s Health, Muscles, Nose, Skin, Stomach, Surgery, Vaccines, Women’s Health

shortness of breath? help!

I have been getting shortness of breath for over three years now. It used to be that I would only get it every week or so but now it is alot worse and I get it everday. It feels like my chest is really tight and no matter what I do i cant seem to get enough air.I push down on something and take a deep breath in and that seems to help for a sec but than i have shortnes of breath again. I also feel really dizzy and light headed when i stand up and walk around . and when i stand up straight i feel sick to my stomic and like im going to pass out and i get really sweaty. I also feel really tired alot and have low energy. I dont know if thats related or not. Any help would  be much appreated! thanks!
Hi and thanks for using the forum.

You really need to see your doctor about this.  Your tiredness, low energy, etc. could all be related to your frequent episodes of shortness of breath.  There are a number of possible causes, so the best thing for you to do would be for you to see your doctor and have some tests (maybe some blood work and possible a chest x-ray).  I would get this done sooner rather than later.  Good luck.

Bridget
You need to see a doctor about this.
I too have been battling with the same thing. But less time. I too have to sometimes hold on to something to really get that deep breath. Mine started after I got back from Africa. I've been to a lot of doctors and they have done many tests. Everything has come back to normal... But I still have the shortness of breath.