Ask a Nurse Expert Forum
should I be concerned??

WELCOME TO THE ASK A NURSE FORUM: This forum is for questions and discussions pertaining to Bones, Blood, Brain, Colorectal, Diagnostic Tests, Digestive, Ears, Eyes, Glands, Heart, Infectious Diseases, Kidneys, Liver, Lungs, Men’s Health, Muscles, Nose, Skin, Stomach, Surgery, Vaccines, Women’s Health

should I be concerned??

Hi I am 22 years old and my boyfriend was feeling around my stomach, he felt a 3 to 4 inch lump in the lower to middle area of my abdomen. What is this and should I be concerned??
Hi and thanks for using the forum.

You are probably going to have to see your doctor about this.  I cannot say what it is without being able to see/feel the lump.  If I were you, I would get it checked out just to be safe.   It could be part of your normal anatomy, it could be something like a hernia, it could be a cyst or a fat deposit.  There are many possibilities and I really cannot even make a guess at it.   Good luck.

Bridget
Hiya, thanks for your reply... I have been. It was a uriine infection. But I still haven't started my poeriod yet, I should have started about a week ago and still haven't. And everytime I take a test it comes bk negative. Any thoughts on this?