Ask a Nurse Expert Forum
skin tenderness

WELCOME TO THE ASK A NURSE FORUM: This forum is for questions and discussions pertaining to Bones, Blood, Brain, Colorectal, Diagnostic Tests, Digestive, Ears, Eyes, Glands, Heart, Infectious Diseases, Kidneys, Liver, Lungs, Men’s Health, Muscles, Nose, Skin, Stomach, Surgery, Vaccines, Women’s Health

skin tenderness

For about the last week the skin on my legs has become increasingly more tender, to the point that now my skin is tender to any kind of touch all the way to the waist.  even water mist from a spray bottle makes me hurt.  my muscles are not sore, only my skin.   i do not have any bruises or cuts or any kind of trauma.  any idea what could cause skin tenderness?
Hi and thanks for using the forum

I am not really sure what is causing this.  It sounds like it could be an allergy or a contact dermatitis.  It does sound like it covers a failry large area and that it involves both legs- not just one.  I think you should see your doctor about this.  I really cannot give you too many ideas as to what may be causing this.  Good luck and sorry I am not more helpful.

Bridget
It could be from very dry skin, try applying an emollient cream that has dimethecone in it like QV cream, apply it 1-2x a day and see if it makes a difference.