Ask a Nurse Expert Forum
starting doctor visits
About This Forum:

WELCOME TO THE ASK A NURSE FORUM: This forum is for questions and discussions pertaining to Bones, Blood, Brain, Colorectal, Diagnostic Tests, Digestive, Ears, Eyes, Glands, Heart, Infectious Diseases, Kidneys, Liver, Lungs, Men’s Health, Muscles, Nose, Skin, Stomach, Surgery, Vaccines, Women’s Health

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

starting doctor visits

When should I start going to see a doctor? Im only four weeks pregnant tomorrow will be five weeks.
5289563_tn?1366052034
Thanks for using the forum.

Your doctor will most likely want to see you at about 7 weeks of pregnancy. I would go ahead and call for your appointment as soon as possible, so you can get on the schedule.

At your first appointment, they will probably take a urine sample to confirm the pregnancy. They will also probably take blood samples. You also may have your first ultrasound. This ultrasound is usually trans vaginal, because it provides the doctor with the best view of your baby and the placenta this early in pregnancy. The trans vaginal ultrasound is done with a small wand and is not painful. The doctor will use this to check on the placement of the baby and placenta, and to get an accurate estimation of how far along you really are.

Make sure you are prepared with any questions for your doctor. One good thing to ask for is a list of over the counter medications that are safe to take while pregnant.

Congratulations on your pregnancy. I hope this helps.

Cathy
Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank