Ask a Nurse Expert Forum
test

WELCOME TO THE ASK A NURSE FORUM: This forum is for questions and discussions pertaining to Bones, Blood, Brain, Colorectal, Diagnostic Tests, Digestive, Ears, Eyes, Glands, Heart, Infectious Diseases, Kidneys, Liver, Lungs, Men’s Health, Muscles, Nose, Skin, Stomach, Surgery, Vaccines, Women’s Health

test

I am not sure if i am pregnant or not but if i am to pregnant i would be three weeks i am wondering if i take a prenancy test will it pick up the hcg levels if i am?
Thanks for using the forum.

There are pregnancy tests on the market that can detect low levels of hcg. Some of these tests are able to detect the hormone at about a week before your missed period.

It is important to remember that every woman and therefore every pregnancy is different. Hormone levels can vary. Home pregnancy tests have the highest accuracy level at 1 week after your missed period. For the most accurate results test first thing in the morning.

If you test early and get a negative result, but do not get your period on time, test again after your missed period. It is possible that the hormone levels were just not high enough when you did the early test

Good luck. I hope this helped.
Cathy.