Ask a Nurse Expert Forum
this awful smokie old urine smell

WELCOME TO THE ASK A NURSE FORUM: This forum is for questions and discussions pertaining to Bones, Blood, Brain, Colorectal, Diagnostic Tests, Digestive, Ears, Eyes, Glands, Heart, Infectious Diseases, Kidneys, Liver, Lungs, Men’s Health, Muscles, Nose, Skin, Stomach, Surgery, Vaccines, Women’s Health

this awful smokie old urine smell

i have a awful lingering sokie old urine smell coming from me. First i will tell you what i have tried steam shower, colon cleanser, baking soda remmedy. i changed my soap from irish spring to dove. i changed my lotion, deodarant and still the smell is there. ive seen a ob gyn and they have ran several test and nothing. I shower daily the smell goes no where. i lay in the bed and it hits me in the face really strong. y co workers complain of a strong urine smell coming  from me. I have secluded myself to y home cause everywhere i go people say i smell like urine. i went to the car the other day and when i reached my arm to open the door the smell hit e in the face again. when i go near trash the smell gets worse. i wear 100% cotton panties, shirts. breathable clothing no matter what the smell is there. i take all my clothes off i can smell it, even while i am showering i can smell it after the shower, after i am dress. the smell goes no where. it is so strong it will stink up the entire room but when u get close to me u know i am the one producing the smell. PLEASE HELP ME WITH A SOLUTION TO THIS ISSUE. I AM 29 AND TO EMBARRASSED TO LIVE MY LIFE!!
HI and thanks for using the forum.

Well, the smokey smell is probably from smoking.  Stale cigarette smoke is stinky, and it sticks in your clothes, hair, etc.   The urine smell is different.  My first suggestion would be to go see your regular doctor (not the OB) a regular general practitioner so that you can have a full physical.  The urine smell is probably an ammonia smell and there are some causes for an ammonia smell including a skin infection with Helicobacter (this is a bacteria), a high protein diet, liver problems, etc. If everything checks out with your regular doctor, I think my next suggestion would be to see an endocrinologist.  Good luck and keep me posted.

Bridget
I AM A SMOKER AND DO SMOKE HEAVY. I ALSO HAVE ALOT OF TATOOS COULD THAT BE THE CAUSE OF THE SMELL?