Ask a Nurse Expert Forum
trush

WELCOME TO THE ASK A NURSE FORUM: This forum is for questions and discussions pertaining to Bones, Blood, Brain, Colorectal, Diagnostic Tests, Digestive, Ears, Eyes, Glands, Heart, Infectious Diseases, Kidneys, Liver, Lungs, Men’s Health, Muscles, Nose, Skin, Stomach, Surgery, Vaccines, Women’s Health

trush

Me and my bf were having unprotected sex...a few days later his penis was all red and itchy I knew it was trush (thrush)...but I wasn't ichy at all or coukd it internal trush (thrush) how do I treat this or will it go away...
Hi and thanks for using the forum.

If it is indeed thrush that your boyfriend has, then yes, you could have it as well and not have any symptoms.  He should get checked out by his doctor and get a prescription.  He could also try an over the counter antifungal.  However, since he has never had this before, I think he should see his doctor and be sure that it is thrush.  You may want to get treated as well just to prevent you from developing a yeast infection or from passing it back and forth between you.  You should be treated at the same time so you do not re-infect each other.  Good luck.

Bridget