Ask a Nurse Expert Forum
ttc

WELCOME TO THE ASK A NURSE FORUM: This forum is for questions and discussions pertaining to Bones, Blood, Brain, Colorectal, Diagnostic Tests, Digestive, Ears, Eyes, Glands, Heart, Infectious Diseases, Kidneys, Liver, Lungs, Men’s Health, Muscles, Nose, Skin, Stomach, Surgery, Vaccines, Women’s Health

ttc

Hello I had the implanon implant in for almost 6 years. I had it removed almost 2 months ago now. I was told that my fertility would return straight away. Ive never had a regular period. Tests are still saying negative..has anyone else had a similar problem?
Thanks for using the forum.

To the best of my knowledge, ovulation should resume once the implant is removed. I believe, from your question, that you experienced bleeding 3 weeks ago and thought it was due to implantation. However, you continue to have negative pregnancy tests. It is possible that you had period that was lighter than your normal one. If that was the case, your period should be due in the next week or so. If you do not get your period, or if it continues to be different from what you usually experience, I would recommend that you speak with your doctor. Maybe your hormone levels have fluctuated. If you are trying to get pregnant, you should make sure that everything has returned to normal.

Good luck, and I hope this helps.

Cathy
Tmi...I though I had implantation discharge about 3 weeka ago, turns out it wasnt. Also since having yhe implant removed I have had no sign of a period expect what I thought was implantation.