Ask a Nurse Expert Forum
tummy ache
About This Forum:

WELCOME TO THE ASK A NURSE FORUM: This forum is for questions and discussions pertaining to Bones, Blood, Brain, Colorectal, Diagnostic Tests, Digestive, Ears, Eyes, Glands, Heart, Infectious Diseases, Kidneys, Liver, Lungs, Men’s Health, Muscles, Nose, Skin, Stomach, Surgery, Vaccines, Women’s Health

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

tummy ache

I just found out im pregnant and im having bad tummy aches and i feel huge like really bloated and my stomach is really hard. Also having some cramps is that normal? Im 4weeks 6days.
5289563_tn?1366052034
Thanks for using the forum.

Many women experience abdominal pain during early pregnancy. It is most often caused by the changes your body is undergoing.

Some women experience cramping and even spotting with implantation. This usually occurs a week after ovulation. At this time the body also releases hormones. One of these, progesterone, slows down digestion resulting in a formation of gas and a bloated feeling.

While cramps during pregnancy are not uncommon, sometimes they can signal a problem. Severe cramping on one side can be a sign of ectopic pregnancy. If cramps last for more than an hour,  are accompanied by fever or chills, or you experience bleeding or vaginal discharge you should inform you doctor.  I always recommend speaking with your doctor if you are concerned.

Congratulations on your pregnancy. I hope you are feeling better.

Cathy
2 Comments
Blank
5461047_tn?1368492403
no its not you should call or go see your doctor about that!!
Blank
This Forum's Experts
5289563_tn?1366052034
Cathleen Zoretic, RNBlankBlank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank