Ask a Nurse Expert Forum
urine test

WELCOME TO THE ASK A NURSE FORUM: This forum is for questions and discussions pertaining to Bones, Blood, Brain, Colorectal, Diagnostic Tests, Digestive, Ears, Eyes, Glands, Heart, Infectious Diseases, Kidneys, Liver, Lungs, Men’s Health, Muscles, Nose, Skin, Stomach, Surgery, Vaccines, Women’s Health

urine test

I am 68 yrs old and have been taking vicodine for several years for back pain. my dr did a urine test and said there were no sign of vicodine or  opiates in my system. i was negative for everything and he accused me of selling them !!!!.I also take thyroid meds,soma,xanax.neurotin,diabetic meds,insulin,januvea.nexium. i was on antibiotics and steriods for two months before he did the test. i also have COPD and use inhalers and a nebulizer machine.i do not drink beer,liquor,wine pop or anything except water and i drink at least a gal. and a half of water a day.why would the vicodine and xanax not show up in the urine test.should i ask for a blood test and would a blood test be more accurate?