Ask a Nurse Expert Forum
vaginal discharge

WELCOME TO THE ASK A NURSE FORUM: This forum is for questions and discussions pertaining to Bones, Blood, Brain, Colorectal, Diagnostic Tests, Digestive, Ears, Eyes, Glands, Heart, Infectious Diseases, Kidneys, Liver, Lungs, Men’s Health, Muscles, Nose, Skin, Stomach, Surgery, Vaccines, Women’s Health

vaginal discharge

Okay, so ive always had vaginal discharge, like a white oderless kind, it happens from time to tine, I feel like more so when I wear particular types of underwear. I had clamydia (chlamydia) a few years ago, but I had the discharge before that . I've been tested for all stds, other than that one time I've never had any.

Sometimes when my boyfriend and I are in engaging in intercourse he will get white stuff on his scrotum, I'm assuming its the discharge, its white and oderless.

Is this normal? My drs have never said anything.
Why does this happen?? Shoujd I be concerned?
I'm also 29 weeks pregnant now.
Ive just been wondering this for a long time

Does everyone get this?
Hi and thanks for using the forum.

Some vaginal discharge is not uncommon. If you have been tested for STD, then there is probably nothing to worry about. However, if you are concerned it is always best to speak to your OBGYN. Additionaly, if there was a change in the discharge such as a foul odor, change in color, burning...I would reccomend seeing your OBGYN. Congratulations on your pregnancy.

Take care,
Cathy
I've had this and I noticed it when I would have sex. It's thrush! Sometimes thrush doesnt smell. you need to buy the tablet what you insert as the oral version is not good for pregnant women. Also your partner should be using cream as it will get passed backwards and forwards. You can also use the cream if you have any itching. Thrush can be caused through clothing too and many other things. Her in the UK we use Canesten cream and tablet.
I went to my obgyn and told her this she checked me, and said I.was.normal. I didn't have any type of yeast infection or any of that stuff.
I have always assumed it was normal and that it was related to lubrication related to sex.
I have this happen also I'm not pregnant but wanting to try for another n I've noticed it more the day after we have intercourse n don't no if I should be worried?