Ask a Nurse Expert Forum
whats wrong with me?

WELCOME TO THE ASK A NURSE FORUM: This forum is for questions and discussions pertaining to Bones, Blood, Brain, Colorectal, Diagnostic Tests, Digestive, Ears, Eyes, Glands, Heart, Infectious Diseases, Kidneys, Liver, Lungs, Men’s Health, Muscles, Nose, Skin, Stomach, Surgery, Vaccines, Women’s Health

whats wrong with me?

hi i am 17 years of age and ii am worried. my LMP was in august, from the 24th to the 31st. in  September i had sex with my bf  on the 8th. two days after that i notice i was bleeding. but it did not last for more than a day or half the day. When the 24th of September came i started having a brown discharge ( i would usually get that sometimes after  i end my period ). then on the 28th i noticed the red coming in. from then on it was dark red and dark brown. i was having mild sharp pains in my pelvic area and my stomach has had this weird feeling. i also have been feeling a little nuatious. sorry if i spelled it wrong.
I thought that the brown and reddish discharge/bleeding would go away after the 5th of Oct< thinking it was normal. but it still is doing the same thing to this day but now its gooy and stringy.
I dont know if i can be prego, have bladder infection or if it could just be normal?? PLEASe HElP  
Hi and thanks for using the forum.

First, if you are worried about being pregnant, then you should take a test so that we can get that out of the way.  Since your last normal period was at the end of august, you would have been due for a period around the end of september.  So, if you take a test now, it should be fairly accurate.  

Are you having any urinary symptoms that are making you suspect a urine infection?  If you are having frequency, urgency, burning or discomfort when you urinate, then yes, you should see your doctor and rule that out as well.  All you would need to do for that would be to provide a urine specimen.  

It is not uncommon to have an "off" period every once in a while.  Things such as stress, change in diet/exercise habits, hormonal issues (such as thyroid problem), etc. can all mess with your cycle.  IF this abnormal bleeding/spotting persists, then I think you should see your ob/gyn.  He or she can rule out any type of infection, etc. and help you get to the bottom of this.  I hope this helps.  Good luck.

Bridget

Could be blood clots maybe...or a reaction to birth control  or maybe you bruised your whooha... either way you should probably go to the doctors.
hello and thank you very much for you help :)