Ask a Nurse Expert Forum
worried

WELCOME TO THE ASK A NURSE FORUM: This forum is for questions and discussions pertaining to Bones, Blood, Brain, Colorectal, Diagnostic Tests, Digestive, Ears, Eyes, Glands, Heart, Infectious Diseases, Kidneys, Liver, Lungs, Men’s Health, Muscles, Nose, Skin, Stomach, Surgery, Vaccines, Women’s Health

worried

I have a very regular period always on time nothing abnormal what so ever, and we'll I had my period about 2 1/2 weeks ago and a couple days ago I was having sex and I started bleeding heavily and just stopped and a day later lightly spotted, I have been under some stress but no more then I have been, so any idea is it stress, could it be a miscarriage, or be pregnant?
Hi and thanks for using the forum.

Since you had your period 2 1/2 weeks ago, it would be too soon to take a pregnancy test.  You would have to wait until you are due for your next period to take a test.  Since it is uncommon for you to have bleeding mid cycle, I think you should call your ob/gyn and let them know what is going on.  They may tell you to wait and see if you have any other abnormal bleeding, they may tell you to wait and see what happens with your next period, or they may want to see you now.  Let your doctor know and see what he or she wants you to do.  Good luck.

Bridget