Ask a Nurse Expert Forum
worried
About This Forum:

WELCOME TO THE ASK A NURSE FORUM: This forum is for questions and discussions pertaining to Bones, Blood, Brain, Colorectal, Diagnostic Tests, Digestive, Ears, Eyes, Glands, Heart, Infectious Diseases, Kidneys, Liver, Lungs, Men’s Health, Muscles, Nose, Skin, Stomach, Surgery, Vaccines, Women’s Health

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

worried

I had sex 5 days ago after 4 years,so now Iam worried my period is not coming already,I had regular periods on 10 each month,I cannot get pregnant because I got my falopians cuts,so what's the matter wiht me??
796253_tn?1344994932
Hi and thanks for using the forum.

There are a number of possible causes for a missed period besides pregnancy.  Since you had a tubal ligation, most likely you are not pregnant.  Things such as stress, change in exercise/eating habits, weight loss/gain, and hormonal issues (such as thyroid problems) are just a few of those possibilites.  If you are worried about pregnancy, you could always take a test just to be sure.  You can take a test once you have missed a period.  Otherwise, give yourself some more time.  If after a week or so you do not get your period, call your ob/gyn or regular doctor to set up an appointment to be sure everything is OK.  Good luck.

Bridget
2 Comments
Blank
I usually don't get my period every month i get it every four to five months is that normal? Would i be able to have kids with my cycle being crazy like that?
Blank
This Forum's Experts
5289563_tn?1366052034
Cathleen Zoretic, RNBlankBlank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank