Ask a Pharmacist Expert Forum
Adderrall

Questions in the Ask a Pharmacist Forum are being answered by pharmacists. Topics include: General information on prescription medication, over-the-counter medications, brand drugs, generic equivalents, common uses, drug therapy, drug interactions, possible side effects, travel medications, pill identification and proper disposal of expired, damaged and unusable medications.

Adderrall

I know I've asked this before, but what KIND of stimulant effect will Adderrall have if I don't have ADD?  Amild one like drining a 12 oz soft drink with caffeine?  A major effect like 5 cups of very strong coffee? I'm not a coffee drinker so 3 cups of strong coffee really hypes me up.  If I have mild to moderate depression and can't take anit-depresants, will Adderrall still calm me if I don't have ADD?  I've felt realively normal, balanced and not too hyper before I ever took Adderrall so I didn't think I had ADD since I wasn't hyper really.  Energetic at times when I got excited but nothing unlike other people.  I felt I could concentrate when I needed to and get things done in completion if it were important.  I'd like to know if this is a med I can do without since I don't like taking medications.

Thanks!
Age
:  
39
Sex
:  
Male
Weight
:  
172
Current Medications
:  
Adderrall, Ativan
The response to Adderall (adderrall) varies for each individual, and I cannot predict what reaction you will experience.  This question is best directed to your physician that prescribed the medication. The most common adverse events reported in adults include headache, dry mouth, dizziness, insomnia, and weight loss.
I'm not sure what you're looking for.  I have adhd any my medication has a calming effect, which is not what I expected from a stimulant.  I don't know how to say it any more clearly, but if you don't have adhd, the medication won't make you feel calm and you won't feel many benefits.  The medication providers many benefits, beyond improved attention, if you actually have adhd.

If you question your need for Adderral, you really need to discuss this with the doctor who prescribed it for you.  Ask her why she prescribed it for you.  Express your concern about taking a medication, which you  feel might not be of benefit to you.  There's absolutely nothing wrong with asking those kinds of questions; that's what your doctor's there for.  A doctor-patient relationship isn't a one-sided relationship.  It takes communication between the doctor and the patient to form the relationship.  I think if you speak candidly to your doctor, you'll find your doctor will respond openly.

Good Luck
If you have ADD, Adderall (adderrall) calms you. If you don't, it revs you up. Just how much it revs you up would probably depend on your individual reaction. Adderall (adderrall) is speed with a fancy name. And - it is addictive. If you feel you have been misdiagnosed, see another doctor. This is not a medication to fool around with.