Ask a Pharmacist Expert Forum
After treatment
About This Forum:

Questions in the Ask a Pharmacist Forum are being answered by pharmacists. Topics include: General information on prescription medication, over-the-counter medications, brand drugs, generic equivalents, common uses, drug therapy, drug interactions, possible side effects, travel medications, pill identification and proper disposal of expired, damaged and unusable medications.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

After treatment

I am interested in learning what to expect after I finish this HEC treatment, all I find are people who are still suffering symptoms years later ... but I wonder of the well people don't post, and how much diet plays a role.

I dont eat meal, try to eat only whole foods and exercise every other day.

Can you tell me what I may expect when I am don't with this medication next month?
Sex
:  
Male
Weight
:  
Current Medications
:  
Pegasys
Medical Conditions
:  
HEP C in remission
4475871_tn?1355180944
Most patients who receive Pegasys (Peginterferon) therapy for the treatment of Hepatitis C will experience one or more side effects while taking the drug. From a number of studies that monitored the adverse reactions in chronic Hep C trials, the most common side effects were fatigue/ weakness, fever, muscle or joint pain, and headache. Some patients experienced neurological side effects such as dizziness, or memory impairment.

Other common symptoms when receiving treatment are psychiatric reactions (depression, insomnia, irritability, or anxiety). These can be serious and you should contact your doctor if you experience these side effects or if they become worse. Some side effects may improve after therapy is stopped, but there is little information from the clinical trials on which symptoms improve and/or how long it might take.

With that said, I would recommend for you to continue with your current diet and exercise regimen. A healthy diet is important for overall health. You may want discuss your diet with you doctor and consult with a dietitian for further advise to make sure you're receiving all the necessary nutrients. Exercise is going to have a number of benefits; it can help with the feelings of fatigue caused by the Hep C treatment. Also, if there are any of the side effects mentioned above, like depression, exercise may be helpful to improving your overall mood.

Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Control Emotional Eating with this ...
Sep 04 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank
242532_tn?1269553979