Ask a Pharmacist Expert Forum
Antibiotics Question

Questions in the Ask a Pharmacist Forum are being answered by pharmacists. Topics include: General information on prescription medication, over-the-counter medications, brand drugs, generic equivalents, common uses, drug therapy, drug interactions, possible side effects, travel medications, pill identification and proper disposal of expired, damaged and unusable medications.

Antibiotics Question
I have had a cold for over a week now. I took one cipro 500 pill and then decided I needed to see my doctor. I took that at 5PM yesterday. My doctor prescribed prednisone and azithromycin. I have checked and seen that there are interactions in taking these drugs together. How long until the cipro 500 is out of my system so I can begin the other antibiotics and prednizone? Thank you.
You can start taking the prednisone and azithromycin this morning. The cipro normally lasts for about 12 hours.