Can symbicort cause weight gain
I have been taking symbicort for about 8 months and in that time i notice that my weight has gone up by around 1 stone (14llbs), i have never been overweight and have always eaten healthily and taken exercise. No matther how many times i go to the gym or how much salad i eat it wont go away. None of my clothes fit me and i have gone up a bra size or two. I have also noticed that i suffer from really bad mood swings one minute im happy and the next i am crying or flipping out over something very trivial! This is not like me and i am not usually that emotional. Could this be caused by taking symbicort? or something else? I did suffer from a ruptured ovarian cyst about 10 or 11 months ago and I have also in the last 8 months noticed that i have a milky discharge that comes from 1 nipple, which i have seen a specialist about who cannot come up with any reason for this. Could all of this be related of anything to do with taking symbicort (obviously not the cyst!)
These are not adverse reactions from Symbicort.  Please make an appointment with a gynecologist and/or an endocrinologist.
Since Symbicort is a steroid couldn't weight gain and mood changes be attributed to its use?
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Comprehensive info on 720K doctors.
Complete reviews, ratings & more.