Ask a Pharmacist Expert Forum
Cant swallow tablets help!

Questions in the Ask a Pharmacist Forum are being answered by pharmacists. Topics include: General information on prescription medication, over-the-counter medications, brand drugs, generic equivalents, common uses, drug therapy, drug interactions, possible side effects, travel medications, pill identification and proper disposal of expired, damaged and unusable medications.

Cant swallow tablets help!
My new medication says you can break or crush the tablets in the information my consultant and pharmacy told me it would be fine to snap and swallow smaller. Is this correct as I have terrible trouble swallowing tablets
It appears you are referring to an immediate-release tablet formulation of acetazolamide 250mg. it is safe to split the immediate-release tablets. Extended-release capsules should not be broken.
It should say cant*