Ask a Pharmacist Expert Forum
Elevit

Questions in the Ask a Pharmacist Forum are being answered by pharmacists. Topics include: General information on prescription medication, over-the-counter medications, brand drugs, generic equivalents, common uses, drug therapy, drug interactions, possible side effects, travel medications, pill identification and proper disposal of expired, damaged and unusable medications.

Elevit
I think I have doubled up on my normal one tablet of elevit. Is this something to be worried about?
I would not expect any issues or concerns with taking only one additional dose of Elavit. You may experience mild constipation due to the increased intake of iron, but this may not occur as it was just one extra dose. I would recommend you to continue taking one tablet daily, and use pill planners or a reminder calender or alarm if you have trouble remembering when to take the vitamin in the future.