Ask a Pharmacist Expert Forum
Generic availability???

Questions in the Ask a Pharmacist Forum are being answered by pharmacists. Topics include: General information on prescription medication, over-the-counter medications, brand drugs, generic equivalents, common uses, drug therapy, drug interactions, possible side effects, travel medications, pill identification and proper disposal of expired, damaged and unusable medications.

Generic availability???
My mother has recently been under care at the state mental hospital. The doctors have been giving her Seroquel, Lexapro, and Ativan. My question is: Are there generic substitutes for the Seroquel & Lexapro? Approximately what do these drugs cost? Any help would be appreciated.
Unfortunately Lexapro does not yet have a generic available. Here is the manufacturer information for that medication.
Forest Pharmaceuticals Inc
13600 Shoreline Dr
St. Louis, MO 63045
800-678-1605

Also Seroquel does not have a generic yet available.
AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals LP
P.O. Box 15437
1800 Concord Pike
Wilmington, DE 19850
800-237-8898

To find out the prices of any medication you can always go to www.drugstore.com and click on the pharmacy tab. Along the right hand side is a medication price checker. You don't have to have an account set up to see the prices that we charge.
Best of luck to you.

Jennifer R RPh www.drugstore.com