Ask a Pharmacist Expert Forum
How many ferrous to take a time?

Questions in the Ask a Pharmacist Forum are being answered by pharmacists. Topics include: General information on prescription medication, over-the-counter medications, brand drugs, generic equivalents, common uses, drug therapy, drug interactions, possible side effects, travel medications, pill identification and proper disposal of expired, damaged and unusable medications.

How many ferrous to take a time?
I konw I cannot take the iron within 4 hours of taking the thyroxin. I forget to take 1 of the irons because of this waiting time.
Can I take the 3 iron pills at a time? What are the complications (if any) if I do it? I feel that not taking 1 tablet has quite an impact in my general wellbeing...
Thank you ever so much.

Regards and a good Sunday for you!
It is not recommended to take 3 tablets at one time because it can cause stomach upset, heartburn and constipation.