Is Cetirizine a kind of steroid?
Hello, here are my questions:

1. I would like to know if antihistamine Cetirizine Hydrochloride (Cetirizine HCI) is a kind of steroid.

2. I have noticed that a number of pharmaceutical brands make tablet contatining Cetirizine HCI. I would like to know if the answer to Question 1 would be different for Cetirizine HCI tablets made by different manufacturers (i.e. whether some are steroid and some are not).

Thank you!
Cetirizine Hydrochloride (Cetirizine HCL) is not a type of steroid. It is considered an anti-histamine. It is typically used to provide relief from histamine-induced symptoms such as sneezing, runny nose, or itching.  

Steroids suppress the immune system and decreased inflammation, however, their mechanism of action is different to that of anti-histamines which work by blocking the effects of histamine only.

To my knowledge, there are no currently available combination products that combine cetirizine with steroids. One common preparation is cetirizine plus pseudoephedrine which is a decongestant and not a steroid.