Mood swings on Cozaar (losartan), metroprolol, aspririn and warfarin
Do Cozaar (losartan) to treat high blood pressure, metroprolol (beta blocker), aspririn and warfarin (blood thinner) affect mood swings?
My husband is suffering immense mood swings which he won't admit to, he blames everyone else, he gets very obtuse, angry and aggressive. He swings from one extreme to another. It's like living with Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde, one minute he's very loving, the next he's irrationally angry.
Please help! How normal is this? How long does it go on for? Is it the medication, the op or a combination? Should he consider switching medication? Is his behaviour an indicator for depression? Where do I turn to for support to stay sane?
None of the medications listed cause mood swings.  However, case reports and studies showed strong evidences of mood swings, general anxiety, and depression which commonly occurred after major operations.  I would strongly recommend your husband to continue all current medications and see his health provider for mood swings, depression, and supportive care.
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Comprehensive info on 720K doctors.
Complete reviews, ratings & more.