Ask a Pharmacist Expert Forum
Pills left in car during hot weather
About This Forum:

Questions in the Ask a Pharmacist Forum are being answered by pharmacists. Topics include: General information on prescription medication, over-the-counter medications, brand drugs, generic equivalents, common uses, drug therapy, drug interactions, possible side effects, travel medications, pill identification and proper disposal of expired, damaged and unusable medications.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Pills left in car during hot weather

I left some of my toprol pills in my car during somewhat hot temps (high 70s) I was wondering if I should just toss them and get a refill or if they are safe to take. (they are for the physical symptoms of anxiety) Also can any of my meds cause dry mouth or chronic cough?
Sex
:  
Male
Weight
:  
Current Medications
:  
Toprol 50mg 2X daily
Paxil 40mg daily
Prilosec otc daily
Xanax .50mg as needed
Drug Allergies
:  
NKDA
Medical Conditions
:  
Neurofibromatosis
Anxiety Disorder/hypochondria
GERD
Related Discussions
616411_tn?1221767853
These particular medications you have listed can be stored at room temperature between 15 and 30 degrees C (59 and 86 degrees F). (Throw away any unused medicine after the expiration date.) If you need more assurance the medication is OK I would suggest calling the manufacturers of the medication itself. They may have further studies regarding stability that will ease your mind.
AstraZeneca LP
P.O. Box 15437
1800 Concord Pike
Wilmington, DE 19850
800-237-8898

As for the the adverse reactions, I would speak to your prescriber regarding the possibility that the Paxil is causing either the dry mouth and/or the chronic cough. With continued treatment over several weeks, adaptation to some GI adverse events (e.g., nausea) may occur, but other effects (e.g., dry mouth) may continue.

Best of luck to you.

Jennifer R RPh www.drugstore.com

Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...