Ask a Pharmacist Expert Forum
Possible Floater Medicine?

Questions in the Ask a Pharmacist Forum are being answered by pharmacists. Topics include: General information on prescription medication, over-the-counter medications, brand drugs, generic equivalents, common uses, drug therapy, drug interactions, possible side effects, travel medications, pill identification and proper disposal of expired, damaged and unusable medications.

Possible Floater Medicine?

Hello
I was wondering if there is any drug out there that helps reduce seeing floaters and flashes in your eyes?  I have been to the eye doctor and my eyes are fine.  The are just really annoying.

If you have already been to the eye doctor and the doctor has ruled out any causes of floaters, it may be that you just have them. You would need to have a doctor diagnose the cause of the floaters to treat them with medication. Most spots and floaters in the eye are harmless and merely annoying. Many will fade over time and become less bothersome. If it becomes too bothersome and it is affecting your daily routine, I would contact your eye doctor again to see what he or she recommends. There is not anything to my knowledge that is specifically prescribed for eye floaters.
Best of luck to you,

Jennifer R RPh www.drugstore.com