Symbicort 160/4.5 interaction
I am currently on quinaprill, and atenolol chlorthal for HBP. My significant other is taking Symbicort 160/4.5. I have been told that the steroid in symbicort can be transmitted into my system through any exchange of "bodily fluids" and possibly have a bad reaction with my HBP meds...is this true?
thankyou!
I do not believe the steroid from the Symbicort will transmit to you through the exchange of "bodily fluids". If it is true then it would be very very minimal and would not interact with your blood pressure medications.
Why would you take Symbicort just because your partner is taking it? Aside from everything else, this medication can have serious side effects. Steroids caused me a lot of physical problems (eyes, adrenals, and more) and I had to stop taking them. And in my case it was prescribed for COPD a medication commonly used for that condition. But for high blood pressure?