Ask a Pharmacist Expert Forum
T-DAP Vaccine okay combined with Anabolic Steroids?

Questions in the Ask a Pharmacist Forum are being answered by pharmacists. Topics include: General information on prescription medication, over-the-counter medications, brand drugs, generic equivalents, common uses, drug therapy, drug interactions, possible side effects, travel medications, pill identification and proper disposal of expired, damaged and unusable medications.

Hi! I am going to be a father this month, due date is April 28th, and I am required to get the T-DAP vaccine so it is safe for me to be around our baby. I currently am taking anabolic steroids, and injecting testosterone multiple times each week.

I am needing to if there are any possible reactions to getting this vaccine combined with taking what I am taking. I am pretty sure the T-DAP is intra-muscular, so I would rather be safe then sorry, and I do not have a primary care physician.

Thanks for your help in advanced.
Congratulations, father-to-be! There are no known drug interactions between the T-Dap vaccine and the testosterone injections that you are currently receiving. These medications should be safe to be used together. I would also recommend you discuss your concern with the clinician administering the vaccine so they are fully aware of all medications you are currently receiving.