Ask a Pharmacist Expert Forum
Taking Medroxypr

Questions in the Ask a Pharmacist Forum are being answered by pharmacists. Topics include: General information on prescription medication, over-the-counter medications, brand drugs, generic equivalents, common uses, drug therapy, drug interactions, possible side effects, travel medications, pill identification and proper disposal of expired, damaged and unusable medications.

Taking Medroxypr
How long after taking my 10 day dose of medroxypr ac 10mg tab do I start my birth control pills again? Do I need to wait until my period  ends?
When to re-start your birth control pills will depend on the indication for the medroxyprogesterone and the goals you have determined with your doctor. I have seen different regimens, and I would recommend for you to give your doctor a quick call to determine the most appropriate time to re-start your birth control.