Ask a Pharmacist Expert Forum
Wellbutrin for Anxiety?

Questions in the Ask a Pharmacist Forum are being answered by pharmacists. Topics include: General information on prescription medication, over-the-counter medications, brand drugs, generic equivalents, common uses, drug therapy, drug interactions, possible side effects, travel medications, pill identification and proper disposal of expired, damaged and unusable medications.

Wellbutrin for Anxiety?
Is Wellbutrin used and has it helped treat anxiety?
Wellbutrin may occasionally be used to treat anxiety. There are few studies on its use for anxiety, but some have found it to have comparable effectiveness to other antidepressants used for this purpose. Wellbutrin is indicated for the treatment of major depressive disorder and seasonal affective disorder, but it may be prescribed for other indications. I would recommend to follow up with your doctor if you find your anxiety persists or worsens.  
Actually I was taken off the Wellbutrin due to aggravating my anxiety even more and I just couldn't handle it. Now I am on Celexa just started three days ago.