Ask a Pharmacist Expert Forum
When is it safe to drink alcohol
About This Forum:

Questions in the Ask a Pharmacist Forum are being answered by pharmacists. Topics include: General information on prescription medication, over-the-counter medications, brand drugs, generic equivalents, common uses, drug therapy, drug interactions, possible side effects, travel medications, pill identification and proper disposal of expired, damaged and unusable medications.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

When is it safe to drink alcohol

I have been taking Isoniazid with Pyridoxine for almost 6 month now.  I was told by my doctor not to drink any alcohol while on the medication and I have followed her instructions to the T with out one drop of alcohol in my system for the entire time I have been on the pills.  I will be taking my last pill next week (July 20th) and I am wondering at which point will it be safe to drink alcohol again.  Since beginning the pills I have graduated college, passed my registry, and found a job and I have been planning a late celebration for after I finish the pills.  I currently have plans to drink a couple days after finishing the pills but really celebrating on the 24th which is the weekend following my final pill. Anyway, when should it be safe to drink a few beers after finishing off my prescriptions?  
Sex
:  
Male
Weight
:  
Current Medications
:  
Isoniazid, Pyridaxine
Drug Allergies
:  
none
Medical Conditions